February 23, 2012

30 Days {Day Twenty-three}

I am thankful for a piano in my home. 


Peter's aunt and uncle drove this baby to our house all the way from Washington!  I don't know if they know how grateful I am that they did this for us!  (Tammy, are you out there reading this??  I LOVE THIS PIANO.)  This piano belonged to Peter's grandma.  When a little birdie told me (thank you, Valerie!) that it was looking for a new home, it took me about 30 seconds to contact Peter's aunt to ask her if I could have it.  I figured it was a shot in the dark, but somehow all the stars aligned and next thing I knew the piano was at my house!

My house is small, and this piano is crammed into what little space was left in my family room.  Totally worth it.  These two squish onto the piano bench at least once a day to play:

I am so, so thankful to have this piano.  I love the music it brings to my home, and I love how much my kids love it.  I really, REALLY hope they continue to love it when I force them to take piano lessons.  :)  (a mom can dream, right??)





2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love Bridget in that first pic! I still can't believe you got that piano so easily! Props to Peter's Mom and aunt. Good luck with lessons when the time comes..those seemed to really stick for us..

cellomom5 said...

It makes my heart happy that you love this piano so much :o)
It's not a Steinway but a lot of music has been made on that instrument.