I am thankful for modern medicine.
We've had several trips to the hospital in our married life, my babies come into this world via c-section, even something as simple as Tylenol...
Right after I had Harrison one of the nurses said to Peter, "You know, 100 years ago your wife would have died trying to give birth. You're lucky." First of all, who says that?? What a terrible thing to say to someone who just watched his wife go through an unplanned surgery. After we were all settled and the c-section wasn't so fresh on our minds, we decided she really was right. Hooray for modern medicine! I'll give three special shout-outs to Children's Tylenol, allergy medicine, and Excedrin.
November 16, 2011
30 Days {Day Sixteen}
Posted by Leslie at 12:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your nurses seem to say some pretty awful stuff to you guys after your babies are born. Like Harrison possibly being deaf, you could have died, etc. I mean, it's true, but STILL! And yes, totally grateful for modern medicine. Props to all you moms who go through natural childbirth (not trying to open a can of worms here), but I will definitely not be one of them with modern medicine.
Post a Comment