October 31, 2010

Boo to You

Harrison was SO excited about Halloween this year. He was very quick to decide that he wanted to dress up as Woody from Toy Story, and he had to look EXACTLY like Woody from Toy Story. Harrison is a man with a plan.

Thankfully I talked him out of the Disney store costume (hello?? 40 bucks for a jumpsuit that looks like jeans and a yellow shirt? seriously??) and convinced him that we could buy all of the pieces separate. He has a Woody action figure that he would show me on a daily basis to let me know what we needed: A hat, a vest, a sheriff badge, a bandanna, a belt, and boots. Every time we picked up an item he let me know, "We still need..."

When we finally got all of the different parts we tried it on, just to be sure it matched up with his action figure. We went down the list, hat - check, vest - check, boots - check... When I announced that he looked just like Woody and that he was a perfect match with his toy he was all grins for about 30 seconds until he realized, "Oh no... I don't have a pull string..."

Only Harrison would realize that his Woody costume didn't have a pull string. No worries, we added one.

Here is our little Sheriff Woody:


Yee-haw Cowboy!!


After Harrison decided that he would be Woody, he assigned each of us our Halloween costumes: Peter was to be Buzz Lightyear, Bridget was Jesse, and Mommy was given the role of Bullseye (the horse?! Lucky me...). Well, poor Harrison has lame-o parents that don't dress up, but we did make Bridget Jesse and that seemed to count for something.

You've never seen a little Jesse as cute as this one:


I mean seriously. She is CUTE.


Aunt Amy made Bridget's costume. AWESOME. Amy, we got so many compliments on this costume. It was so. ridiculously. cute. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making it. We LOVED it. Just look at the back:


SO DARLING. Amy, you are amazing.



More to come about our Halloween activities, but in the mean time,


Happy Halloween, ya'll!

11 comments:

Kylee said...

What cute costumes!! We were thinking about doing the same thing as a family!! How funny!!

Brock and Kate said...

oooooh I was hoping there were pictures today! great costumes! And you are very right, Woody and Jesse have never been so cute.

Rebecah Ogden said...

awesome job with the costumes. I wanted to see a picture of the pull string. I'm sure you would have made a great bulls eye! :)

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

soooo ridiculously cute!

Aimee said...

yes, Amy, AWESOME JOB!!

PapaRalph said...

Miss Bridget is only 3 month old? And standing up like a big girl? What a cutie. By the way, awesome pumpkins behind Woody - who was the carver?

GRAMMIE AND PAPA said...

So cute! Bridget is growing too fast. I think the pull string was funny. Harrison is so detailed! Amy did an awsome job on Bridget's costume.

Erik, Amy, Eliza, Esther & Eden said...

Stop it, I'm blushing. Seriously though, Bridget is dang cute. I'm glad the costume fit, even the boots. What a rootin' tootin' cowgirl. And Harrison looks great. Much better than the one-piece jumper.

Rachel said...

HELLOOOOO stinking cute!! Amy, if I knew you were making people costumes, I would have put in a request!! Is it too early to put one in for next year?? Harrison is so dang funny, and Bridget looks adorable in that costume. Good job having stinking cute kids.

Michelle Day said...

I am going to eat your kids!! They are so cute!! And oh my! 2 months already! Bridget is a DOLL BABY!!

Hayley Parker said...

when i read what harrison said, i died laughing. literally. i came back to life just to post.

and your daughter is adorable!