How handsome is this pre-schooler??
Yesterday was Harrison's first day of pre-school! He was SO excited. We've been talking about school for months now, and he was thrilled that it was finally time to go.

Here he is showing off his "totally awesome new backpack." Items inside: toilet paper (Harrison's class assignment was to stock the school's bathroom), a snack to share with the class (Harrison chose fruit snacks), and an 8 pack of crayons. You don't need much to go to pre-school.
All I really wanted was one cute picture outside of his school to document the big first day. One cute, smiling at the camera picture. Too much to ask? Apparently yes:



Oh well. It was a worthy effort. Lucky for him he's still pretty darn cute even if he's not smiling at the camera.
Day one was a big success! As excited as he was, I wasn't sure if he'd actually (willingly) go into the classroom the first day. He did! He looked a little nervous, but gave me a hug and a kiss and walked (very slowly) into his classroom with his teacher. Way to go, buddy!! The funny thing is, I have been crossing my fingers for months hoping he would be brave when it was time for school, but when the time came and he was Mr. Independent I was kind of sad that he didn't need me or cling to my leg for the first little bit. Totally ridiculous, but he has always been SO shy and SO clingy in new situations that it was weird to see him so ready to try something new. I kind of missed my baby! What a big boy. He did tell me on the drive to school, "Mommy, do you remember when I was in your tummy and then I came out and I was your little baby?? Now Bridget is your little baby and I'm getting big, big, big!!!" He's right, he IS getting big.
He was so proud to show off his first pre-school project:

He told me that he colored it all by himself with his purple dancing crayon. (Upon further questioning it appears that his teacher played Raffi music while they were coloring and his purple crayon liked it so much that it just had to dance.)
We are so proud of you Harrison! Hope you have a great year and that you love everything about pre-school!
September 8, 2010
Time for pre-school!
Posted by Leslie at 11:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Why does it give me a little pang in my heart to know that he just walked into school all grown up and confident?? Way to go, Master Harrison!
I love how he is doing the classic little girl Rachel fingers in the last picture!! I can totally see him with his dancing purple crayon and how he just can't resist good tunes - I'm surprised his teacher didn't tell you some story about him dancing the whole time. I love his face and pose in the second picture and his pants and outfit are so cute! Awesome new backpack.
P.S. it sort of weirded me out that you made two posts now so close to each other - try to keep up the momentum, I like it!
whoooo! posts!!! Harrison is funny, but where is Walter on this important day?
And I also meant to say he is so so so cute.
Yay I'm glad he enjoyed preschool! We were wondering all day how he did. That dancing crayon story made me laugh pretty hard...I can just picture it so perfectly. What a stud!
good job harrison. that's a pretty sweet backpack. and i'm glad that the bathroom will be well stocked
He looks like Erik going to pre-school!
you make cute kids!!! Your baby girl is DARLING too! I can't wait to see and meet her!!! I am so happy for you! =) How you feeling?
Cute kids les! glad i get to see them all the time. Aimee makes a valid suggestion... where is walter for all of this? in the cool new backpack?
Harrison is a BIG BOY! (That's what Papa always tells him!)
Oh Harrison! You are so cute! I miss you! You are all grown up in these pictures. Did mommy cry when you walked into pre-school and she drove away? Stop growing up so fast!
Love all the pictures! How fun that he gets to go to preschool! So let's hang out soon... for reals this time:)
Wow, I'm loving all these new posts. Harrison is such a cutie, I can't believe he is in preschool already. Why do they have to grow up so fast??
Post a Comment