September 18, 2009

That's how we roll

I've decided we are going to become bike people, because bike people are cool people.

They are adventurous. They go explore cool places. They are always smiling and having a good time. And most importantly:

They are skinny.


Yeah. We want to be bike people.



In my quest to become skinny, er... I mean bike people... I got a bike for my birthday and then bought a bike trailer for Harrison.



Hi there!


The bike trailer is awesome. I spent a long, long time researching all of the different kinds and brands of trailers and finally decided on this one. Love, love, love it.


Harrison loves it too.


Peter's parents brought his bike out from Virginia so that he can ride with us too. (thanks again!)


My neighbor goes with me on morning bike rides and we whine together about sore bums and tired thighs. We ride for about 30 minutes and then chat outside for about an hour (okay... sometimes more, because it's hard work being bike people!).

This is my neighbor's daughter, Tennley. She normally rides in her own trailer, but this day she was having a little visit in Harrison's trailer.






Harrison and Tennley are good friends. They share the same birthday, exactly one year apart. Tennley follows Harrison around like he is the coolest kid she's ever met. She laughs and giggles at everything he does. It is so funny to watch them together.

They are so cute!






But don't worry, they're nothing more than just friends.


Gimme some knuckles.


That's just how we roll.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, right when I was going to come to your blog to make a snide comment about not updating it, you finally did! I guess I better find some old posts to update now that I don't have anything to update with...I love the knuckles shot. I want to be a bike person too. I wish you would buy me a cool bike and I could invite myself to your bike people club. I also love the pic of Harrison's mouth wide open in his trailer. Good luck being a bike person.

Brianna and Brooklyn said...

I totally want to be a bike person too! Which trailer did you end up buying? I have been shopping around as well and can't decide!

Todd, Tara, & Tennley said...

We have the CUTEST kids ever! The pictures are great. Those knuckles shots are my favorite.

cellomom5 said...

So so so so cute! I miss you guys!

Rebecah Ogden said...

way to go biker leslie! you are going to have some awesome buns!

Aimee said...

That is a super cool trailer. I can't wait to see your bike body. Better ride lots...the snow is coming. You could bring your bike to my house. That would be cool.

Sus said...

No way! My last post was all about my love of bikes, too! Can I get a ride in the trailer next time I come out?

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

We love having our trailer. But, I have not been the one pulling it. I want to be a skinny, I mean bike person too.

Darling pics!

Jacque Hadlock said...

So cute! I love that you are biking... I have been wanting to buy a bike and trailer too but alas I only have a jogging stroller so for now I use that to attempt to be skinny... I mean have fun (isn't running fun?) Anyway Harrison is adorable, as always! Hope we get to see you guys soon!

Michelle Day said...

Bikes are just uncomfortable. Now that you want to be a bike person, you do know now that you have to get spandex.

Aimee said...

I'm waiting..............................................