Happy Father's Day to all you daddies out there!
Here at our house, Peter decided he wanted hamburgers for his Father's Day dinner. He's the one who makes the tasty hamburgers at our house, so he ended up cooking his own dinner on Father's Day. How sad is that? They were fantastic, in case you were wondering.

And since it was hamburgers he wanted, it was hamburgers he got - bakerella style for dessert. (if you haven't been to that blog before, beware!! you WILL become addicted.) Cupcakes, brownies, sugar cookies and frosting... Yum. You really can't go wrong.

The frosting I made turned out a little more guacamole looking than lettuce looking, but these babies were pretty darn tasty.
In case you were wondering, Harrison officially has reached the age where he can no longer keep secrets. He watched me wrap Peter's Father's Day present on Friday and a soon as Peter got home from work he asked, "You want your present, Daddy?"
Nice.
Peter of course said yes and they proceeded to walk all around the house looking for the present's hiding place. You should have seen how happy Harrison was when I finally gave in and handed him the box to give to his daddy. I'm pretty sure he also announced that it was a shirt before Peter had it opened. Oh well, at least Peter liked it.
Peter, You are the world's best daddy. I love to hear Harrison say "I wuv you, see you soon!" as you leave for work each day, and I look forward to seeing his face light up when you get home. If I had a quarter for every time Harrison asked, "Where Daddy go?" during the day, I would be a very rich woman. He clearly adores you, and I love that. I hope that he continues to watch and learn from you because you are amazing. Thank you for taking such good care of us, for always making us smile, and for always being there when we need you. We love you so much!! Happy Father's Day!!
June 21, 2009
Happy Father's Day!
Posted by Leslie at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Happy (late) Father's Day Peter. You'r raising one good, cute kid.
Aww, Leslie...you made me cry with your sweet tribute to Peter. You are both wonderful and amazing people. Harrison and his siblings are lucky spirits to come to your family :o)
I totally saw those on Cakewrecks last night and I wanted to make them SO bad... but our stove wasn't working until today, and I didn't have any of the ingredients... but I was super sneaky and I didn't show Steve so I'm going to surprise him with them sometime this summer. Because they are FABULOUS! :D
Shh... it's a secret...
The burger looks delicious minus the jalapenos...And I really thought that dessert burger was a real burger but you guys cut it into a miniature size for Harrison! That website IS purdy cool. And wayta go with like two posts in one week!
I've seen a different side of Peter.
Well, I tried at least, but he ducked too fast.
I'm just saying.
I love that you actually made the cupcakes. I'd look and wish someone would come to my house from Spanish Fork and make them for me.
I also like that you didn't put a picture of Peter in this post. That's funny.
Oh man Aimee's comments are even funnier when you know what she's talking about! Aimee haven't you seen a different side of pretty much everyone in the fam? That is also pretty humorous about there not being a pic of Pedro in the post. Sheesh Leslie...
I love the little hamburgers. You are so good at making cute desserts!
Post a Comment