Harrison is one year old! Happy Birthday baby boy!
He is such a cutie. We took him to the zoo for his birthday and he just loved it. Every time he saw an animal he made a big O-shape with his mouth and turned to look at everyone as if to say, "Are you seeing this?! Did you see that?!" And if the animals were moving around he just laughed at them, like it was the greatest thing he had ever seen. He LOVED it. It was so sweet.
Check back later for cute zoo pics. I only have just a few on this computer, and there are some darling "must sees."
Here is Harrison in his sweet new ride he got for his birthday. He LOVES cars. A true boy.
We were glad to have Rachel and Eric join us for birthday cake all the way up in Park City (thanks again for making the drive guys!). We went for the dinosaur cake (Marie, you know I can't resist them) - one for the big kids, and one for Harrison to smash into all by himself. There wasn't as much smashing as I expected... He wasn't so sure about the feel of frosting on his hands, and seemed more concerned about getting it off of him then smashing it in his face. Mommy had to give him a sample of the actual cake before he realized it would be good to eat. The best part of the whole thing was when daddy asked him if he needed a bath and Harrison signed bath, which involved frosting hands being rubbed and patted all over his chest. Safe to say he really did need a bath after that. Check back later for cute smash cake pictures too! (someday we'll have internet again and I'll be able to post all the good pictures... For now you just get the cake.)
Happy Birthday Harrison! I can't believe my little boy is already one. He is learning so many new things each day. He is starting to walk all over the place, he is becoming an excellent signer, he can climb stairs (who knew??), he gives hugs to EVERYTHING he picks up.... He is such a sweetheart. I love his big sloppy kisses and armless hugs (he tucks his arms in tight between you instead of around you), I love the way he says "daddy" instead of "dada," I love the way he jibber-jabbers all day long, I love his big cheesy smile when I pull out the camera and say "cheeeeeeeeeese," I love when he says "mmm" after every bite he takes - and if it's especially tasty I get an "mmmmmmmmmmm" with big eyes and raised eyebrows, and I especially love how good his nap is and how well he sleeps at night! :) I can't remember not having Harrison as a part of our family. We love you babykins! Happy Birthday!
May 11, 2008
Happy Birthday Harrison!
Posted by Leslie at 12:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow Leslie, I am SUPER impressed with the cakes!!!! They look amazing!!! We want to go to the zoo with you!!! The Bronx has a great zoo! I think Harrison (and his parents) need to come and check it out!
LOVE the dino cake, Leslie. SO classic. ;0) I think we'll hire you for our next round of bday cakes - that's one fab-looking creature!
For SURE I'm doing the dino cake for Ryker's first. It turned out better than you made it sound. The baby IS a little melty, but not as bad as I was expecting. The dino was a stellar internet find and the yellow and green is very cute...are those starburst? Were they easy to do?
I think that if I tried something like this it would be a complete disaster. You and Aims make it look so easy.
The cake is adorable! Harrison is adorable! I am so impressed. Who knew that teddy bear cake pan I made for you kids when you were little would be passed around and new creations would be invented.
A birthday to remember..
wow, aren't you domestic? I could never make a cake that cute...good job!
Wow Leslie,
I have to say wow on those cakes...pretty impressive!! But I'm not surprised you could pull it off. We really need to get together so I will be coming one of these days to see you two!! Harrison is adorable... Josie will love him. See you soon!
Jacque
Post a Comment