Last week Harrison learned how to get from his tummy to sitting position. Yay!! I was so proud - what a big boy! It's been so fun to see him roll and "crawl" (see previous post) around to the toys he wants, and then watch him sit up and play with them.
Until today....
Today Harrison figured out that he cannot only sit up in the family room where all of his toys are, but also in his crib! Usually I put him down for a nap and I can hear him talk to himself for just a few minutes and then he passes out and sleeps like a champ. Today I heard him talking like usual, then it was quiet and I figured he fell asleep. About 10 minutes later I heard talking again. Then quiet. I thought, "Oh, he wasn't quite asleep, now he must be." No such luck. There was talking, then quiet, talking then quiet... I went to peek at him and he was sitting up in the middle of his crib, happy as could be playing with his blankie. Hmmm... maybe he'd get tired of playing and then fall asleep?
No. This went on for ONE HOUR while he was suppose to be taking a nap. He wasn't upset or sad about being in his crib, so I just let him play thinking that eventually he would get tired and lay down. Playing was much more important than sleeping I guess because sleep never came. He was finally rescued and saved from taking a nap when I peeked in and found him like this:
Look at his little feet just poking out. Silly boy... It's hard to take a nap if you don't lay down!

5 comments:
That's dang funny. Silly boy. Yes! Now I made a comment on all your updates! I'm your favorite, I know.
Haha, I LOVE the feet sticking out of the bars...too cute! I'm also loving the updates, you guys have the cutest kid ever!
I can't believe how big he is getting! Incredible!
That is amazing! I wonder what he and blankie were talking about!
Harrison is a cutie! He is really getting big. It is so great to check out your blog...I love it!!!
Post a Comment