October 4, 2005

Fishy Friends





Meet the newest additions to the Wride home!! Aren't they cute?! We've had the black one since February and decided that he needed a few friends. So, after two hours in PetCo (it took us a while to choose which ones we liked the best...) we came home with a big aquarium, a killer filter (no more cleaning!), and 7 new fish! Peter chose the shark (honestly, he's a real bala shark), Leslie chose the wimpy gold and blue ones (wimpy... but cute), there's a big white and gold fantail goldfish, and a little sucker (to keep our new aquarium clean). Names are still to be determined - any votes? The black one is our good friend Moody, because of his crazy eyes, and the shark has become Hagrid, because he looks so big and scary but really is the nicest one in the tank. Harry Potter anyone? You would be surprised how long you can be entertained by staring at a tank full of little fish... We use to watch TV, now we just watch our fish. We've turned into geeks - it's true, but we love our new little fishy friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you say geeks? Can I say BIG geeks? Although, your fish pictures do look quite professional! I vote Duke (my dog?!), Tulip, Cynthia, Mack, or Hans for the fish names. Oh yeah, or Prince William.

Erik, Amy, Eliza, Esther & Eden said...

I wish that our dogs' kennels were self cleaning.
I always wanted to name a pet Elvis (surprise, surprise) but Erik won't let me. How about Fluffy, Puffy, or Rosemary? I also like Prince William.

Anonymous said...

AMEN ON PRINCE WILLIAM!!! wow duke is a good one as well! haha I also like the names....hannah, gustavus (in loving memory of grandpa gus)Henry, or Franz. Tell me what you think!