March 4, 2015

It's me.

Hi friends.  Remember when the last time I blogged Bridget looked like this?


Well now she looks like this:

Oh dear. 

That's my fault.  Shame on me. 




But that's not even the worst part.  The worst part?  This precious little babe never received the spotlight she deserved on this blog:



PEOPLE.  We had a baby and I never blogged about it. 

Seriously, shame on me.


Whitney Addison Wride.
6 pounds 12 ounces
18.5 inches long


That precious little babe now looks like this:


Oh dear.  She's big, right?!  She's spunky and silly and we love her to pieces.  


Recently she turned TWO.  


 
Working on the whole two finger thing.  It's tricky!



 Facts about my girl:

She loves Sofia the First.  When she was potty training she was quick to choose the Sofia undies, and still talks daily about how much she loves them.  She BEGS to watch Sofia ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. 
 
{Why are little baby bums in little baby undies so darn cute?}

She loves to dance.

 She lives and breathes princesses.  She is the girliest girl I know.  Likes to comb hair, twirl around, play dress up, wear dresses, loves jewelry...

She loves to sing.

She rarely smiles for pictures.  The pictures in this post are deceiving, as the other 99% I have are of her scowling, making a silly face, or (her favorite) her turned around backward with her hands on her hips as she shakes her booty at me.  

This girl likes to EAT.  And she has a serious sweet-tooth.

She is a tech junkie.  She would play on a phone, ipad, computer, whatever all day if I let her.  She gets ANGRY when tech time is over.  

She likes to be naked.  {I'll spare you a picture.} I can't keep clothes on that girl.  I find her almost every night  and every morning naked in her bed.  And I won't tell you how many times a day I have to redress her.  Why?  What is wrong with your clothes?!?!

She love to color.

 She would live outside if she could.

She's afraid of heights.

She loves to do whatever Bridget is doing.  She thinks she's four. 


I feel bad that she didn't get two years of blog posts like my other kids did.  It's not fair that we can look back and see posts about our other kids and not her.  I was kind of over the whole blogging thing, but now when I look back and see that I didn't post about this cutie?!  Well... I regret it.  I still have pictures, it's not like I have no memories, but it sure is fun to come to one place and see what my kids looked like, adventures we went on, things I wanted to remember, etc.  

When Bridget was born and we wanted to see if she looked like Harrison as a baby, we pulled up our blog.  When I wanted to show someone Harrison singing "O Little Town of Bethlehem" when he was two, I pulled up our blog.  I can't do that with Whitney!  

Shame on me.

But I suppose it is what it is.  I'm not going to go back and play catch up, there are way too many things I'd have to post about.  So here I am.  Now what?  Maybe I'll do some throwback posts here and there, but mostly I just want to be better.  Better at recording our family memories.  Better about journaling our family adventures, traditions, and experiences.  Better at using my real camera and not just my cell phone. (Most of the pics in this post are cell pics. I don't love that. Blogging makes me think about that.)  Better about sharing my kids with friends and family that live so far away.  Better about capturing and blogging about life so that I can look back and remember what my littles looked like and acted like when they were little. 

So... I'm back.

Because I want to remember all the sass and attitude and fun that this girl was at two, and I think blogging is probably a pretty good way to do it.


11 comments:

Rachel said...

OMGEEEEEEE!!! I love everything about this. The fact that you're back on your blog and mostly how stinking adorable Whitney is. Every picture I see of her I'm like OH MY GOSH STOP IT she is so so cute and funny! I love the difference in Bridget pics from the last time you blogged haha. I just looked back at the last time I blogged.. 2012..ouch. I have been saying for a year that I want to blog again not as much because I think many people check them anymore, but more as a form of family history! I LOVE looking at peoples' blogs but I either forget to check them because I'm not blogging anymore or tons of people don't do it anymore. Let's get the trend back on, because as much as I love Instagram, there's something so much more awesome, personal, and intimate about reading more stories and seeing more pictures on a blog post. Your cake, as usual, is AMAZEBALLS. I love it. And Whitney is so adorbs next to it. The pic of her in her undies looking behind is prob one of the best pics of all time. That donut looks as good as her face with it is cute. I'm so glad she is friends with Bridget and also that you had girly girls just like you.

Hannah said...

Whitney is the cutest just hilarious girl. I get jealous of her relationship with Saje..
I also want more of the cake. And that donut. Help me I'm obese.
Love the Wride blog!!!

cellomom5 said...

Aha!!! I figured it out! And YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becca Bird said...

Yes!!! I'm SO glad you're back! I love reading up on dear friends through their blogs. I agree that it is one of the best ways to journal about family and especially children! It's good to meet Whitney. you were pregnant with her when I moved and I haven't met her still:( Keep up the blogging, you take amazing pictures and your writing is so clever. Thanks!

Emily said...

Yay for blogging!!!!

Brock and Kate said...

Best day of my life! That cake! That baby face on Bridget! Those sister friends! I can't handle this. More more more please!

Laura Beth said...

YEAH!!! Can't get enough. Love it love it love it. Blogging for the win!

Lindsey said...

Welcome back! I was happy to see your update. :) And I saw it as I was going to my blog to do my own update as well. Hooray for blogs! PS- Your kiddos are so stinkin cute. That is all.

Unknown said...

love that your back! I think Whitney and Asher have a serious resemblance! Then again we could pass as sisters :)

Kylee said...

I had to read this post twice because it was THAT cute!! First off-that Bridget is GORGEOUS!
Second thing-Whitney cracks me up and in a lot of ways reminds me of Liam and what he likes to do, he thinks he is a REALLY big boy and most of the time he does keep up with the other 2 but I just want them to stay little! Liam is also the same way about clothes...why?! He would rather be naked and once he is naked for 20 minutes, he wants a bath (baths happen way too much at our house-I guess he stays REALLY clean ha!) . I love that you are back. I haven't blogged in forever but love reading other blogs. Maybe ONE day I will get back into it!

Anonymous said...

免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室 , 免费视频聊天室