Brutus was oh so cute and oh so cuddly, but he left Bridget looking like this:

These pictures don't even do it justice. Her poor face is way more red and rashy in person.
Oddly enough, she is just fine in the same room as the dog but if she touches him or he touches her... Poor baby is left all red and itchy. Seeing as allergies run on both sides of the family, I guess we weren't too surprised. The doctor seems to think she'll grow out of, but he doesn't know if it will be a matter of months or a matter of years...
So even though Bridget drools way more than Brutus ever did, and even though Bridget laughs at the phrase "NO" and Brutus obeyed it, and even though Bridget puts more in her mouth to chew on than Brutus ever did... We love Bridget way more and we don't want her to be miserable all the time, so we found Brutus a new home.
So I guess it was fun while it lasted... We'll miss you, Brutus!
(Harrison didn't handle Brutus leaving very well. This morning, however, he asked me if Bridget was allergic to turtles, and (since she's not) told me that we should probably get one of those instead. Nice.)
April 19, 2011
Well it was fun while it lasted...
Posted by Leslie at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Aww...poor Bridget! That's too bad that it didn't work out. Bridget looks so much like Harrison in that first picture!
DAG NABBIT!!! I was all worried that it would grow big before i got to see it.. not be gone forever!
oh that is just so sad--for Bridget and to say goodbye to the cutest puppy. But you're right the baby girl comes first :)
Sweet girl. I'm sorry she got all splotchy around Brutus. Glad you chose to keep the baby over the puppy. (Clever writing, by the way, Leslie).
Poor Bridget. And poor Brutus. And while I'm at it, Poor Petrie. Poor, poor Petrie..(I know I don't even have to ask you what movie that's from).
I miss Brutus already :( I'm glad he has some really nice new owners who will take good care of him!
And shoot, you don't have to train a turtle! I hope I see one come home next week.
Poor baby! Brianna used to get all red and splotchy at my mother in laws house. She has a big dog- we never knew if she was allergic to that dog or what was causing the rashes but it lasted about 1 1/2 years. (anytime she spent time over there) Now she's fine over there! Brett had turtles when we were little- very low maintenance, good decision!
i hope you were able to find a good home for brutus. poor bridget. you can relate with the cats. all you ever wanted was a kitty.
Post a Comment