Here's my problem with blogging lately:
1. I take too many pictures. A dumb reason, I know, but I can't post ALL of them and I can never decide which ones to post so I end up posting none of them. I also feel the need to edit pictures before I post them and most of my pictures are sitting in a folder on my computer un-edited so I don't post them. I realize that no one besides me cares if photos I post are edited or not, but it is what it is...
2. I'm famous for not leaving comments on blogs. I read a gazillion of them, get super bummed when people haven't updated, rejoice when they finally do, but rarely leave comments. And then I get mad when no one comments on my blog! How two-faced is that?! Totally unreasonable of me, but I hate taking the time to post when I don't know if anyone is reading it. (I never said these were good reasons!) For the record, I am trying to become a blog-commenter. It's so unfair of me to think that people should comment on my blog when I don't comment on their blog. It's a work in progress.
3. I never know what to blog about. Sometimes I want to ramble about things like American Idol or what I had for lunch, but my family blog seems like a funny place to do that. I think I might start another blog that is purely for ramblings that my almost 4 year old and 8 month old probably don't want to hear me talk about during the day... Then I wouldn't have to post a picture every time (blogging slump problem #1) and I wouldn't care if anyone commented (blogging slump problem #2) because the posts would be about unimportant things; not like this blog where you should all clearly share my enthusiasm for preschool field trips, six month stats, birthday parties, and learning to crawl. Maybe it would motivate me to update here more often as well?
4. I just can't get back into "I love Blogging" mode. A while ago I loved blogging. LOVED it. Updated all the time. Now when I think about updating the blog I just feel "eh" about it. Not sure what happened?
There is really no point to this post other than to say that someday I think I'll be good about updating my blog again. I'm just in a blogging slump (a long one, I know...) but I'm working on getting out of it.
And in case your forgot what my kids look like since I never update, here are my favorite recent pictures of them:

One thing is for sure, whether I blog about them or not - my kids are CUTE.
March 31, 2011
Blogging Slump
Posted by Leslie at 9:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
You should comment about dumb stuff like AI or the weather on Facebook. Then you will get lots of responses.
I'm the same, just need a new picture or so every so often. Remember, I am saving many of your pics for Papa's 2011 Awesome New Year's Movie :)
k i'm COMMENTING! blog about what ever you like. that's the beauty of blogging! and waaaay cute kiddos! love bridgets ruffly shirt
I totally understand all of those reasons...it feels like you read my mind about how I need to update my blog, but haven't got around to it.
I would love to read any of your "dumb" commentary posts, afterall it shows what you are thinking about and let's face it, You are a big part of your family.
I am always checking your blog, and then leaving disappointed because there is nothing new! I just want to see pictures, pictures and then MORE PICTURES after that! Your kids are dang cute, and you are a photography genius. Wish I had your skills-
For the record, I am a champ at commenting on your blog. As for why you don't make posts anymore, I am having the same problems. I am so exhausted when I get home, that when I think about blogging, I think of all the other things I "should" be doing. I also am behind on editing pics since Christmastime. Not that I do super fancy edits to my pics, but I just like boosting some colors here and there and lightening the dark pics that were taken indoors. I DO happen to care that you edit your pics, not because we need to doctor all of them so they're all glamorous, but just making them decent quality definitely grabs our attention more!
I LOVE LOVE the pics of your cute kids, but I would like to hear more about YOU, so I don't think you should be against making your random posts on this blog. Having another blog to do that would be fun, but that would just be one extra blog to manage...not that there's anything wrong with that, but if you have a hard time now, then you might as well stick to one. But then again, I'm not a grammie and papa who just really want to see how cute their grandkids are everyday :) But my opinion is to write your own thoughts on here as well, because you are just as important as your little cuties (rascals?).
That is all.
And p.s. what is the deal with no one really commenting on blogs anymore? I feel like half the blogs I check anymore have a post about how they are not sure if they want to continue blogging due to not knowing if anyone really cares or checks it. I am attributing this to people's ever growing addiction to Facebook. They check blogs less frequently, and when they do, they've already spent most of their computer time on FB and only have time to quickly glance at who has updated their blog. While FB is really fabulous in its own way, I still love how blogs are just more intimate. Come on, people, start commenting already!
Cute pictures! Harrison what a big boy all dressed up in your suit coat. Bridget looks adorable in her ruffle purple shirt. I am very happy to see even one picture of each of the kiddies, and I say post what ever you want, I think blogs should be like a diary. I prefer this over FB. So don't stop, keep going and even if you want to talk about whatever, that is entertaining to some of us and we will even add to your not so important comments!
So fun to see Harrison in his daddy's jacket. Totally dapper.
Bridget looks like a little spring pansy. I love pansies!
See you in less than 2 weeks!!
You are SO funny, Leslie! So we must chat about Idol sometime!! I love these pictures. The kids look so cute, as always!! Keep the pictures and posts coming!
I read your blog! And I love it! And I love you and your darling children. Harrison is such a stud and Bridget just gets more beautiful every day. LOVE that outfit!
Amen, sister. Amen. For the record, your kids are super dang cute. And I love Harrison's coat and tie combo. And Bridget's ruffles.
Love those cute babes, and love it when you update. How about we make a blogging pact? I'll update if you will....needing some motivation myself for the last year or so.
Post a Comment