July 21, 2009

Peter's first post

I've hijacked the family blog to let everyone know how fantastic my wife is now that we've been married for 4 years today. We talked the other night how each year has had its specific challenge and specific blessing, but when I really think about it, life has been absolutely wonderful since we got married. We didn't post much on the blog about this, but as most know, we had quite a scary health moment earlier this year and as I walked out of the hospital at 3 AM holding my sleeping 18 month old, I can't put into words how humbled and grateful I felt that (a) I got to keep my wife with me and (b) I have such a wonderful wife and mother to our son to take care of us. I realized then, in very (too?) sharp of contrast, that I couldn't do it alone and at the same time how very fortunate I am to not have to go through life alone.

Now that I'm a bit choked up (too bad Food Network is on, hard to explain that one away...) I need to point out how awesome my wife is:

1. She takes the best pictures, ever.

2. She is the craftiest person I know (in the good way, not the sneaky way.)

3. She never gets upset with Harrison, no matter how many times he wants to make paper airplane. All of his intelligence can be directly tied back to her.

4. She makes delicious food, too good sometimes.

5. She loves me, despite the many obvious reasons otherwise.

6. She lets me be passionate, even though she knows most things I can't remember the next day.

Thank you for being my best friend, my support, my son's fantastic mother, my anchor and my love. I couldn't do it without you, nor would I ever want to try. I love you always and for always.

11 comments:

Adam W. said...

Ahhhhhh... =)

Congrats you two!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
You got me choked up too.
Love you guys!
Emily

cellomom5 said...

I don't think we realized at the time how serious the situation was last spring. Thanks for taking good care of each other! LIfe is good!

Brock and Kate said...

well, now that i'm crying...! you guys are both wonderful and I am so happy you live so close! You are great examples and have a pretty sweet little boy who thinks the world of you two, and rightly so. WE LOVE YOU!

Marie W said...

You better make sure Leslie sees this! Sweet words, Peter.

Happy Anniversary!

Aimee said...

Notice that it's all Peter's family who commented. Our side doesn't want Leslie's head to get too big, even though we think she's pretty great.

Sus said...

Three cheers for Peter, for loving one of my favorite people in the whole world!

Britters and Parx said...

That is SO sweet!!! Happy 4 years! I think of you every year on your anniversary...so easy to remember. =) What happened to you this year with your health? I didn't hear the story...Hope all is well! Lets get together soon!!

Aimee said...

I'm officially tired of how much Peter loves you. UPDATE your dang blog.

Rachel said...

I second that.

Rachel said...

I ALMOST got excited that you may have updated your blog. What was I thinking?